Techniques and Tools of the Trade: Hands-on Training to Improve Management of Asthma and COPD – June 29, 2015
Participants work in small groups and receive hands-on training to properly administer common and newer asthma and COPD medications. Each participant receives:
- Placebo inhalers/devices
- Fact sheets for each medication
- Checklists for proper technique for each device
- Feedback on his/her own inhaler technique with each device
Devices that are be covered include: Aerolizer, Diskus, Ellipta, Flexhaler, Handihaler, Respimat, Twisthaler, Metered-dose Inhaler, Spacer, Peak Flow Meter and Nebulizer.
- Provide participants with their own teaching kit of placebo/devices, medication fact sheets, and device checklists to teach their patients to properly administer their asthma and COPD medications.
- Demonstrate the technique to properly administer asthma and COPD medications.
- Evaluate skills of each participant to properly administer asthma and COPD medications using a checklist.
Registration, Exhibits and Breakfast
Welcome and Introduction to the Seminar
Demonstration and Teach-Back – Peak flow meters, Metered-dose Inhalers, Spacers, and Nebulizers
Exhibits and Networking
Demonstration, Practice and Question and Answer – Twisthaler, Aerolizer, Handihaler, Respimat, Ellipta, Diskus, and Flexhaler
Exhibits and Sponsors:
This meeting was made possible, in part, from funding received from Illinois Department of Public Health and American Lung Association of Greater Chicago.
Monaghan Medical Corporation